Earn up to HKD1,000 and other Grand Entrance Rewards
Sustainable wealth management in the Greater Bay Area starts here with us. With our Grand Entrance Rewards, you could earn up to HKD1,000 and enjoy a time deposit rate of 8% p.a. Simply get started by opening a bank or investment account with us, and complete designated banking transactions.
Investment involves risk. T&Cs apply.
Your ticket to a world of opportunities in the Greater Bay Area
The path to success involves broadening your horizons and digging deeper for investment opportunities. Tapping into the new urbanisation and economic potential of the Greater Bay Area (GBA), we've partnered with HSBC Bank (China) Company Limited ("HSBC China") to provide HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Services ("HSBC GBA Wealth Connect") services to you. HSBC GBA Wealth Connect is geared at helping you achieve your wealth goals through an enhanced cross-border wealth management solution, all aimed at expanding your investment opportunities across the GBA.
What is HSBC GBA Wealth Connect?
HSBC GBA Wealth Connect enables eligible residents in GBA cities1 across mainland China and Hong Kong to invest in wealth management products distributed by us and HSBC China via a closed-loop fund flow channel2.
Through HSBC GBA Wealth Connect, you'll be able to both:
Understand Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect in 3 min
Effortlessly manage your cross-border transactions with HSBC GBA Wealth Connect.
Take your investments to the next level with these features:
Connecting you to a wealth of investment opportunities
Our Northbound services allow eligible residents in Hong Kong to invest in wealth management products distributed by HSBC China via designated channels. Cross-border fund remittances and transfers will be handled by HSBC Hong Kong.
Northbound services eligible products:
- Local Unit Trusts (distributed by HSBC China) with around 20 selected products ranging from bonds to balanced funds and money market funds
Unit Trusts are delivered and managed by third party product providers. Under no circumstances will HSBC China be liable for the responsibilities of investment, redemption, and risk management.
Please note investment products offered by HSBC China have not been authorised by the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) and the relevant offering documents have not been examined by the SFC.
Learn more from HSBC China, our partner bank in mainland China for Northbound services
Our Southbound services allow eligible residents in GBA cities in mainland China to invest in almost 90 wealth management products distributed by HSBC Hong Kong via designated channels. Cross-boundary funds remittances and transfers will be handled by HSBC China.
Southbound services eligible products:
- Unit Trusts: Over 45 Unit Trust products, supporting multiple currencies and covering fund types ranging from balanced funds to bond funds and money market funds
- Bonds: Up to 30 bonds, both corporate bonds and government bonds offering annual coupon rate of 1% - 5.75%
- Deposits: 11 currencies, including HKD, USD, RMB, AUD, CAD, CHF, EUR, JPY, GBP, NZD, and SGD.
How to get started with HSBC GBA Wealth Connect services
You're eligible if you:
- hold a Hong Kong identity card (as a permanent or non-permanent resident)
- invest in your own personal capacity (not in a joint-name or corporate capacity)
- are not a vulnerable customer, as assessed by banks in Hong Kong6
- have no application records for Northbound services provided by other banks
Book an appointment with HSBC HK
if you are currently in Hong Kong
Existing HSBC HK customers only:
- Contact your Relationship Manager
New and existing HSBC HK customers:
- Call the hotline on +852 2233 3399
- Visit an HSBC HK Wealth Management Connect Centre or branch
Note: If you are currently in any of the 9 GBA cities in mainland China, you may book an appointment through your Relationship Manager, visit a branch or call the mainland China hotline on +86 400 920 3827.
- Download the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app
- Make sure you have a valid Personal Internet Banking username and password (for existing HSBC HK customers only)
- Prepare documents:
A. Hong Kong ID Card
B. Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macau residents / Residence Permit for Hong Kong residents
Visit an HSBC HK branch
- Open a Designated RMB Savings Account
- Apply for Hong Kong Payee Registration
- Set up the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app
- Submit your Northbound Services Application via the HSBC China Mobile Banking app (for existing HSBC China customers only*)
*If you already hold a CNY Settlement Account Type I in any of the 9 GBA cities in mainland China, you can apply for Northbound services with HSBC China online.
Visit an HSBC China branch in any of the 9 GBA cities in mainland China
For new HSBC China customers only
- Open an HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Account
- Set up the HSBC China Mobile Banking app (optional)
- Apply for account pairing between your designated RMB Savings Account and HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Account
Learn more about HSBC GBA Wealth Connect from HSBC China, our mainland partner bank.
Register for Northbound services in 4 steps
Register for Southbound services in 3 steps
Asiamoney's Best International Bank for GBA
With our deep roots in Hong Kong, a strong onshore and offshore China franchise and our global network, we're well-positioned to serve as your bridge between markets – both locally and abroad. Indeed, that's why Asiamoney named us as the Best International Bank for Greater Bay Area (GBA) at its inaugural GBA Awards in 2021.
Explore other GBA opportunities
- The 9 Greater Bay Area cities within mainland China refer to Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Zhongshan, Dongguan, Huizhou, Jiangmen and Zhaoqing.
- Under the HSBC GBA Wealth Connect services, cross-border remittance must be conducted between the paired dedicated investment and remittance accounts maintained with us and HSBC China.
- The usage of individual investor quota subject to a cap of RMB1 million and is calculated as follows:
a. Usage of individual investor quota under the Southbound services = cumulative remittances from mainland China to Hong Kong and Macao under the Southbound services – cumulative remittances from Hong Kong and Macao back to mainland China under the Southbound services
b. Usage of individual investor quota under the Northbound services = cumulative remittances to mainland China under the Northbound services – cumulative remittances from mainland China under the Northbound services
- We will check the usage of the aggregate quota before accepting remittances to ensure that the net remittance under the Northbound services or Southbound services does not exceed the relevant aggregate quota. Instructions for remittances from the mainland China to Hong Kong under the Southbound services or from Hong Kong to mainland China under the Northbound services may be put on hold as a result of the relevant aggregate quota being used up.
- HSBC imposes HKD0 handling fees on customers who transfer money between mainland China and Hong Kong for investing in products under the HSBC GBA Wealth Connect via online and mobile banking between the paired accounts. The remittance service is subject to intermediary bank charge. For details of remittance fees charged by HSBC China, please visit HSBC China, our partner bank in mainland China for details.
- Vulnerable customer refers to a customer whose ability to understand the associated risks of his/her investment and withstand the potential losses of the investment is limited. In determining whether a customer is a vulnerable customer, banks will take a holistic view of the circumstances of the customer, including the level of financial sophistication (e.g. investment experience), the state of mind (e.g. ability to make investment decision) and the level of wealth.
- Full civil capacity refers to an individual aged 18 or above who is able to fully account for their own conduct.
- Accepted document types: Written transaction records provided by financial institutions. For example, bank account statement, transaction confirmation statement, asset proof certification, investment product contract, etc. Proof documents should include your full name or other information that can proof you are the person who makes the transaction. Documents should also include purchase and transaction date; Accepted Investment Product Types: Stocks, bonds, funds, asset management plan, bank financial products (including all investment products from HSBC), Trust, futures and other financial derivatives (except savings and investment related/non-investment related insurance products)
- Accepted document types: bank statement, certificate of deposit or other financial assets proofs for wealth management, funds, bonds, stocks, trust, asset management plan, insurance, futures and other financial derivatives issued by financial institutions. If you use financial assets in our bank as full or part financial asset proof, system screenshot from our bank is accepted; If your financial asset proof includes asset proof from you and your spouse, you need to provide relationship evidence; If the family financial asset is below RMB2 million, you need to provide your and your spouse (if any) personal credit report within one month which issued by Credit Reference Center, The People's Bank of China. The personal credit report from your spouse is also required if the family financial asset proof you provide also includes asset proof from your spouse. The amount that your total family financial asset minus total liability from your and your spouse personal credit reports should be no less than RMB 1 million.