- You must be a Hong Kong resident
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have a monthly income of at least HKD5,000
How to apply
With HSBC Personal Internet Banking
Without HSBC Personal Internet banking
Personal Instalment Loan Calculator
The monthly repayment amount and the Annualised Percentage Rate (APR) is calculated based on 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 or 60-month repayment period and loan amount of every HK$10,000. The monthly repayment amount is rounded up to one decimal place. The APR is calculated using method specified in relevant guidelines issued by The Hong Kong Association of Banks, and is rounded up or down to the nearest two decimal places. An APR is a reference rate, which includes all applicable interest rates, fees and charges of the product, expressed as an annualised rate. The rates for individual customers may vary. For your eligible APR, please call our Hotline, or log on to Online Banking or the HSBC HK App for enquiry. Please also note that the actual monthly repayment amount may differ, Customers can refer to the Loan confirmation letter for actual related information.
Terms and conditions apply.
Simple steps for a loan application
Hesitant to get a loan because it seems complex? Apply for one on the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app and experience a cleaner, simpler loan application process.
- Log on to HSBC HK App
- Scroll down and select 'Loans' on Home screen
- Select 'Personal Instalment Loan'
Note: The screen displays and the images of the website are for reference and illustration purposes only.
Loan resources and services
Which HSBC lending solution is your right match?
Find a suitable loan product to match with your specific needs by answering a few simple questions.
Revolving Credit Facility
Only pay interest on the credit you use rather than a fixed monthly payment.
Consolidating your debts
Clear your debts faster using the Personal Instalment Loan Balance Consolidation Program.
Cash Instalment Plan
Extra cash and financial flexibility to realise your personal goals. Convert your available credit limit into instant cash or transfer the outstanding balance from other credit cards to your HSBC credit card account.
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
- Only applicable to customers who have successfully applied for and drawn down the loan during the promotional period which commences on 8 Jun 2022 and ends on 5 Jul 2022, both dates inclusive (the "Promotional Period") with an approved loan amount of HKD1,500,000 or above. Based on a monthly flat rate of 0.08%, the Annualised Percentage Rate (APR) would be 1.80% over a repayment period of 12 months. The APR is calculated using method specified in relevant guidelines issued by The Hong Kong Association of Banks, and is rounded up or down to the nearest two decimal places. An APR is a reference rate, which includes all applicable interest rates, fees and charges of the product, expressed as an annualised rate. For your applicable interest rate, please call our hotline 2748 8080; log on to Online Banking or the HSBC HK App. The interest rate that will apply and the amount of interest that will be charged are calculated based on the approved Loan amount and the repayment period. If your Loan application cannot fulfil our credit requirement, the Bank may still process your application on a case-by-case basis, but the interest rate, handling fee, repayment period and/or promotional offer may be adjusted. The Bank will inform you on the finalised Loan details. If you accept the Loan details, we will credit the Loan into your repayment account according to normal procedure.
- To be eligible for a cash rebate of HKD300 under the Document Submission Offer, customers must submit the supporting document(s) required by us for a Loan application and a Loan of HKD200,000 or above must be approved during the promotional period. This Document Submission offer is not applicable to loan applications on which we do not require submission of any supporting document. To be eligible for a cash rebate of up to HKD3,000 under the Successful Application Offer, customers must submit a Loan application and the Loan must be approved during the promotional period. For a repayment period of 24 months, customer are entitled to a HKD500 cash rebate for an approved Loan amount of HKD200,000 to less than HKD300,000, or a HKD800 cash rebate for an approved Loan amount of HKD300,000 to less than HKD1,000,000, or a HKD1,500 cash rebate for an approved Loan amount of HKD1,0000,000 or above; for a repayment period of 24 months above, customer are entitled to a HKD1,000 cash rebate for an approved Loan amount of HKD200,000 to less than HKD300,000, or a HKD1,500 cash rebate for an approved Loan amount of HKD300,000 to less than HKD1,000,000, or a HKD3,000 cash rebate for an approved Loan amount of HKD1,000,000 or above.
- Applications have to be submitted during the Bank's service hours (Monday to Friday: 9 am - 8 pm, Saturday: 9 am - 5 pm, Sunday and public holidays: 12 noon - 12 midnight, or individual branch's opening hours) with all required information (including without limitation a valid HSBC banking account number) and documents. The actual turnaround time starts when all the required information is successfully input into the Bank's application evaluation system and the Bank may provide the instant application result and fund disbursement. Processing time may vary in some cases depending on the actual circumstances of individual applications.
- Minimum redraw is HKD3,000 and you must have had a Personal Instalment Loan account for at least 3 months. The Bank reserves the final right of allowing customers to redraw or not and has sole discretion to determine the redrawn amount and tenor.
- Please note that we do not appoint any third parties to refer Personal Instalment Loan applications to us and will not process any application that was referred by a third party under beneficial arrangement. For enquiry, please call our hotline at (852)2233 3000.