Top of main content

Transfers and Payments

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

Transfers and Payments

Request to reverse an incorrect transaction

Before confirming a transfer or deposit of funds to a third party in Hong Kong, please verify the account number / mobile number / email address / FPS Identifier and partially-masked name (if available) of your payee carefully. In case any funds are deposited to a wrong account by mistake, please contact us for assistance as soon as possible. We will help you contact the payee to return the funds provided that all the necessary information is received by us. If the payee refuses to do so, you may consider reporting the case to the Police or seek independent legal advice to recover the funds, if necessary. On the other hand, if you have received any funds from an unknown source, please report the matter to us immediately.


When using autoPay, what do the 'Modify/Edit' and 'Delete' buttons do?

Clicking Modify/Edit allows you to change an existing or newly set up autoPay instruction. The Delete button lets you cancel an existing autoPay transaction.

ATM Chip Cards

Why does HSBC offer both UnionPay and PLUS network ATM chip cards?

To give you more ATM network options when travelling abroad, apart from the current UnionPay ATM card, we have introduced an additional chip card that uses the PLUS network.

The charge for using another bank’s ATM overseas is HKD20 for your UnionPay card and HKD40 for your PLUS network card. These fees are subject to change. You can get the latest figures by reading our bank tariff guide

Charity Donations

How can I tell which charities support the eReceipt service?

Charities that support the eReceipt service are marked with a special indicator on the charity donation list. Please note that in order to use the eReceipt service you can only make a donation by bank account transfer, not by credit card.