Get medical protection that offers tax relief
Safeguard yourself with guaranteed policy renewals and no limits on lifetime benefits, all while enjoying tax deductions1.
What's best for your insurance needs? Get tailored guidance from our Insurance Specialists today.
No limits on lifetime benefits
Claim up to HKD420,000 per policy year with no limits on your lifetime coverage
Wide-ranging care and coverage
Get covered for pre and post-confinement care, day case procedure outpatient care and local psychiatric treatment
Cover for previously unknown conditions
Get partial coverage for unknown pre-existing conditions2 starting from the second policy year, and full coverage from your fourth year onwards
Enjoy tax relief
Get annual tax deductions1 of up to HKD8,000 on qualifying premiums for each insured person
The HSBC VHIS Standard Plan is a life insurance plan underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited ("HSBC Life"). It is not equivalent or similar to bank deposit. Policyholders are subject to HSBC Life's credit risk.
Talk with us
Get personalised support from our Insurance Specialists. Book a face-to-face appointment or meet with us over video.
Or call us on (852) 2233 3130. Lines are open 11:00am to 7:30pm, Mondays to Fridays except public holidays.
HSBC Jade or Premier customer?
Contact your Jade Director or Relationship Manager. HSBC Premier customers can also call us on (852) 2233 3322.
Policy provisions and certification numbers
Can you summarise the plan for me?
What is the difference between the HSBC VHIS Standard and Flexi plans?
What if I am infected with COVID-19? Do I get the medical coverage from VHIS Plans?
- Only policyholders and their spouses who are Hong Kong taxpayers are eligible for tax deduction. Tax deduction for qualifying premiums paid under a VHIS policy (excluding levy) will be based on the premiums paid after deducting the premium discount, if any. Your actual tax savings may be lower than the amount in the example, as each case is determined by the Inland Revenue Department. For more information, please visit www.ird.gov.hk or seek independent tax advice.
- Pre-existing condition(s) shall mean, in respect of the insured person, any sickness, disease, injury, physical, mental or medical condition or physiological degradation, including congenital condition, that has existed prior to the policy issuance date or the policy effective date, whichever is earlier. Unknown pre-existing condition(s) refers to any pre-existing condition(s) that the policy holder and/or insured person was not aware and would not reasonably have been aware of at the time of application. Application is subject to HSBC Life. Please refer to the policy provisions for the full terms and conditions.
- To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
- The age refers to the age you were on your last birthday.
- Worldwide shall mean no geographical limitation, except for psychiatric treatment which is applicable to Hong Kong only.
- Eligible expenses incurred in other areas worldwide shall be covered according to the VHIS Standard Plan terms and benefits. Greater China shall mean mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. Asia shall mean Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Greater China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam. Worldwide shall mean no geographical limitation, except for psychiatric treatment and cash benefit for lower ward classes which are applicable to Hong Kong only. Please refer to the additional benefit provisions endorsement for more details.
The HSBC VHIS Standard Plan is a life insurance plan underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited ("HSBC Life") which is authorised and regulated by the Insurance Authority ("IA") to carry on long-term insurance business in the Hong Kong SAR. It is not a bank deposit or bank savings plan. Please refer to the product brochure for detailed features and the policy provisions for the detailed terms and conditions.
HSBC Life is incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability, and is one of the HSBC Group's insurance underwriting subsidiaries. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited ('HSBC') is registered in accordance with the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41 of the Laws of Hong Kong) as an agency of HSBC Life for the distribution of life insurance products in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. This product is a product of HSBC Life but not HSBC and it is intended only for sale in the Hong Kong SAR. Your benefit is subject to the credit risk of HSBC Life. Your premiums paid will form part of HSBC Life's assets. You do not have any rights or ownership over any of those assets. Your recourse is against HSBC Life only.
In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) arising between HSBC and you out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, HSBC is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with you; however, any dispute over the contractual terms of the above insurance product should be resolved between HSBC Life and you directly.