Top of main content

Report lost or block your cards

Reporting lost or stolen cards

If you lost your credit card or believe it might have been stolen or misused, please report it immediately via the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app or HSBC Online Banking.

Learn how to report a lost or stolen card.

You may also call our 24/7 Customer Service Hotline to report your lost or stolen card.

If you are overseas, please call any Visa or MasterCard member bank.

Online Banking

  1. Click on the ‘Report a lost or stolen card’ button
  2. Enter your log on details 
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to report lost and arrange replacement

Temporarily block your card

Remember the time when your card disappeared and by way of Murphy’s law, turned up the moment you cancelled it? We’ve got another option for you now - you can place a temporary block on your card and simply unblock it when it turns up.

All card transactions, including mobile payment transactions and ATM functions, will be blocked. Existing Direct Debit, recurring automatic payments, standing instructions and certain contactless payment transactions won’t be affected by the temporary block and you’ll remain responsible for these transactions.

Your card will be temporarily blocked for 60 days. If you don’t unblock it within this time, it will automatically be reported lost. 

By Phone

You can also report a lost or stolen card to us by calling our customer service hotline:

HSBC Jade customers: (852) 2233 3033

HSBC Premier customers: (852) 2233 3322

Other customers: (852) 2233 3000

To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!